Friday 18 July 2008

Shackleton etc...


Some people are just not meant to drink, especially when forgetting to have dinner and last night I was one of them... And thankfully nooo, this isnt me paraletic in my friends bathroom at 7am on a sunday morning.. but its my homieo.. ode to martin. I attended James Zabiela's fundraver set last night at the Orange Rooms in my town (Southampton), very impressive.. he brought a bit of a dubstep twang in the introduction and nicely mixed it into some deep dub and tech-house which was hot. I saw him wandering around downstairs in Junk later that night where i can recall putting my phone in his face telling him to ''take my myspace and check out my tracks and shit''.. i must not have been as much of a slurring drunk idiot as I thought because he told me to send him some stuff....

myspace.com/jameszabiela

jameszabiela.com




Here's a Shackleton track I've come across today from listening to Soundboy Punishments. Very nice dubstep, quite minimal until delayed drum hits start dropping halfway through the song out of nowhere... funkin awesomeface.

If you havn't heard of Shackleton I'll tell you briefly; He co-runs Skull Disco with an artist called Appleblim. He's been described as carving out his own brand of eclecticism on Skull Disco releases so far with intricate, snaking percussion, hypnotic melodies, seriously deep bass lines and dubwise sensibilities...


Shackleton - Blood On My Hands



Here's some other material from artists I don't know so much about but enjoy increasing the decibels for...


Spada - Arcobaleni (Catchy tech-house/minimal track 2007)


Tom Verlaine & The Million Dollar Bashers - Cold Irons Bound (Incredible song from the soundtrack of I'm Not There)



And I've gotta stick this
up for those of you who havn't heard it:


Stephan Bodzin - Daytona Beach


1 comment:

I\/I@RTo said...

Well Christoph! All I can say is thank you for your inclusion of the Mart man in your elegant story. That picture just had to make an appearance somewhere didn't it! Shame I couldn't come out that night to see james zabiela. You know I'm all about the techy dub step! Your definitely a riser bud, keep up the genius work!